Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Bunko Time!


Friday night, we had our now annual Halloween Bunko Party! First, I must mention the instigator of all of this bunko madness. Without Camie starting the Bunko tradition while she lived here just a few short years ago, none of this ever could've happened...so, a shout out to Camie!


This is the 2nd year I've hosted Bunko at my house. Thanks to Gaia for hosting with me this year. We had a great turnout, 20 people - that's FIVE tables of 4.


I had each person draw to see what costume they would wear, and had the costumes ready for them. The costumes this year included: Girls: cheerleader, cat, angel,

flapper, bunny, devil, punk girl, movie star, princess, and a Southern Belle. For the Guys: coach, pirate, cowboy, cop, rat, geek, clown, Jason, wizard and an ambiguous super hero.

I wish I would've taken a picture of the food. It was really yummy. I made my cheeseball with crackers, we had veggies and dip (thanks, Livia!), chex mix and punch (thanks, Gaia) and a chocolate fountain. Yumm. Dipping items inlcluded: pretzels, marshmallow, strawberries, bananas and peanut butter balls that I made. Those were my favorite! After everyone left, I dipped the rest of them in chocolate and put them in my fridge. Better than Reeces if you ask me. I then shared them with my visiting teachees.


If you want to see more pics, you can visit Livia's or Sammy's blogs. I'm not pictured in the group photo I posted but am in Livia and Sammy's. I couldn't leave out our Bishop's wife.

By the way, our bishop had the highest score. He also told me that he reads some of our blogs. So way to go, Bishop! (now you have to leave a comment!)
Thanks to everyone for making it a great party!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time...Sandra loved the Kit Kats that I won, and thanks to Lori and Chris for inviting the "old people" to their home. P.S. Did I mention that I won?

Camie said...

YAY!! I've been waiting for this post!! I'm so glad the party went well--you can never go wrong with a HAlloween Bunko party. Even my sister in law and mother in law threw one this year. I think I'm the only one not in the fun--maybe next year! Lori--you are a fantastic hostess and it looks like a really fun group. Five tables is a world record.

Lori said...

Thanks for your comments, Bishop. You "old" people are welcome any time. ;)

Camie, I hope you can restart your tradition next year. IT's in your blood!

Kristy said...

How fun! What a great tradition. I love the costumes. I'd also love that recipe for peanut butter balls for the chocolate fountain!

Anne Marie said...

Looks like a blast! What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job! Thanks for having us!!!