Monday, October 29, 2007

Art Class & Pumpkins

We enrolled Ava in an Art Class for 2-3 year olds through our Parks and Rec dept. Tonight was the 2nd time for the class. Ava LOVES getting messy and being creative. It's so fun to see your child go for it in a new environment. I think every house needs a messy room like this art room - somewhere you can just be creative and not worry about paint on clothes and furniture, etc. (On a side note - one mom got splattered with paint AND then her kid put a big dark purple handprint on her white shirt. The teacher said it was supposed to be washable but I don't know. I guess we'll find out next class.)
We came home and did our pumkin decorating. We found this light/peg set, similar to a lite bright idea, and thought it would be good for Ava since no cutting was involved. She did get to use a mallet. You'll notice the cheapy one in picture 1 and then the heavy duty one in picture two.
I didn't get a great pic of the pumpkin lit since the light it came with is a flashing one. You get the idea though.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

How fun! I love the pumpkin lights -- I haven't seen those before!

Anonymous said...

Ava's pumpkin turned out so cute! I also love the peg set and I think next year I will have to get one for Andrew.