Saturday, February 21, 2009

A few other things...

A few other things we've been up to: (This is my 2nd post tonight - be sure to read below)
Jan. 27th - my actual birthday - Kelly babysat while Chris and I went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (trendy, I know, but good). We both got the same dinner and it was so yummy! It was a basil angel hair pasta with breaded chicken with prosciutto, and a creamy sauce, topped with baby arugula and an acidic, maybe citrusy, dressing. We each only ate half and totally enjoyed our leftovers the next day. For dessert, I had the raspberry truffle cheesecake, also having leftovers the next day. It was nice to get away. We almost didn't make it because our van's battery had died (found this out the morning of my birthday when rushing to get Ava to her preschool). That Sunday, Ava had rolled her window down just as I was turning the ignition off. By this time I was on the other side of the car getting the girls out so I just reached across with the key to turn it on enough to roll it back up. I forgot to take the key out. Anyway, Chris tried and tried for over an hour to jump start it but it wouldn't start. We ended up just taking his car and charged it overnight with my dad's battery charger. Luckily, it started right up.
Elise: Several days ago in the middle of our bedtime routine, I was having Ava got potty before bed. Elise says, "me too!" and sits down, still clothed, on the little potty chair step stool combo we have in the bathroom. I thought, "why not? I have to change her diaper anyway - I'll just let her sit there while she and Ava brush their teeth." They finished brushing their teeth and Ava was all done, so I said, "okay, girls - come on - time for bed...Come on, Elise." Elise then says, "I see potty." So I said, "okay," letting her look at the potty chair, thinking she just wanted to see what she had been sitting on. And lo and behold! What do I see, pee-pee staring back at me! I was in total shock. Elise has expressed zero interest in potty training and isn't even 2 and I'm still recovering from Ava potty-training. Anyway, we celebrated with lots of "you did its!" and "hoorays!" She kept saying "I did it!" and was very proud of herself. I think I heard her even talking about potty while lying in bed after lights out. Since then, I've asked her at bedtime if she's wanted to go potty and she's responded with a firm, "NO." No rush!
Last weekend we saw in the paper that the local 4-H was hosting a dog agility competition and that it was open to the public. We thought the girls would enjoy seeing some doggies, so we decided to check it out. It was fun to see. They had a side for the large breeds and then for the small ones. My pictures aren't very good because I couldn't use flash, which I learned the hard way when a judge came over (I swear I had only taken 1 or 2 pics and was realizing that it probably wasn't a good idea - DUH! - what was I thinking?). Oops! Dummy with a camera alert!


That's about it for now.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

man , all these fun things you guys do... sounds like we need to read the newspaper more.

and loved the WT story :)