Friday, November 21, 2008

Hooray for Fall

Not wanting to dwell on the untimely passing of our swimmy friend anymore - how 'bout a small tribute to Fall. We've been having fun the last several weeks doing crafty type projects. Above are Halloween potato stamp masterpieces.

Make a spooky tree. Ava found a rather large tree branch on a walk one afternoon.

Mommy: Ava, put that down.

Ava: No, I want to keep it.

Mommy: For what?

Ava: To do a project

I thought that sounded like a reasonable request so I obliged and we made a spooky tree by tracing our feet and drawing ghost faces on them.

To change up our decor for a less Halloweeny and more Fall-y theme, we decorated paper leaves with dried things like oatmeal, seeds, small pasta and beans.

And of course it wouldn't be Fall without some time playing in the leaves.
I do like Fall for the most part. I don't like being cold much though and Chris is starting to "freeze me out" as I say. Otherwise, yay for Fall.
Oh, and it wouldn't be much of an update if I didn't announce that my littlest sister, Heidi, had her baby on Wednesday...a baby girl named Adelle. She was tiny on my scale, weighing in a mere 7lbs 7oz. (My babies have been 8lbs 15oz and 9lbs 9oz). Anyway, they are doing great and Adelle is precious as can be.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Congrats to Heidi!! LOVE the name Adelle--I might have to add that to my 'ideas list'!!

Anne Marie said...

Darling crafts and decortations! And, I'm with Camie...that name Adelle is beautiful!