Sunday, October 05, 2008

I BLOGGIST AUGUST

AUGUST 2008 ADVENTURES:

Food & Face Study

Here's Elise with a rather clean face. It's also a rather happy face...wonder why? It's DONUT DAY! Every once in a while we make a special trip to Dunkin Donuts where the girls get to pick out their very own donut. Elise was quite thrilled. (We were eating in the car on the way to visit my sister Gina).
MESSY FACE! The culprit: chocolate ice cream
HOLEY-MOLEY THAT'S A MESSY FACE! The culprit: chocolate cake (No, Elise did not eat all of these yummy chocolate desserts in one day ;)


SWIMMING FUN!


What's good about a hot Kansas summer if you can't get some swimming in? Ava's cousins William and Kate joined Ava in some swimming one hot afternoon.
We had lots of fun with squirt guns and the pool. I used the garden hose to make it "rain" on them. It was also fun to get William back for splashing me by throwing him (carefully) into the pool. He thought it was just great.
Ava's cousin William, 6.


MEET US AT THE I-HOP


August 9, 2008


After the adults attended a funeral, we all went out to eat at the local I-hop. It's not very often that a large group of us go out to eat so this was especially exciting for the kids. Kate and Ava were so good playing so nicely together and reading books while we waited for the food.




My sister Kelly and I.


More sisters.

Grandma & the girls: Grandma, Ava, Elise & Kate


FROM OUR GARDEN

This was our first year to plant a garden at our house. We had so much fun watching these grow and each of us taking our part to care for it. Chris was great about weeding and watering. I did most of the planting and helped with some weeding. Ava was a great picker, especially loving to pick the tomatoes. Have I mentioned that Ava's favorite food are tomatoes?? She loves them so much that she sneaks them.

Ava also likes carrots. The carrots aren't as sweet as the baby carrots we're used to. They were fun to grow and pull though. We also enjoyed picking them and feeding them to some llamas that live close by.

GYMNASTICS ACADEMY:
August 16, 2008

Our local gymnastics academy had an open house so we decided to go. Ava asked if she "could do her moves". We said "yes".
Both girls had fun running around and playing. There were a ton of kids there for sure.
Ava liked playing in the pit of foam and also enjoyed walking the balance beam. We'll be signing her up for another gymnastics class soon.


SUNFLOWER FIELD
August 29, 2008
We made a trek out to see the sunflowers for the second year in a row. It's always so amazing to see sooooo many. I think there must have been more this year because they fields just kept going on and on. Unfortunately the lighting was opposite of what we would've liked for pictures, but what do you do? We just had fun. (except for Chris, whose allergies got the best of him).




We managed to get a few shots of the girls -some better than others.







DRESS UP

Just like most kids her age, Ava loves to dress up. I like to pick up costumes on sale or at garage sales for this fact alone.

And with Ava's funny face, we conclude August.

1 comment:

Camie said...

What??? All of those fruits and veggies came from your garden?? I am super impressed! And I love the sunflower field--I'm so sad I missed going there while we lived there!