Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bunko Time

Another year, another Bunko Party! We had a great time this year doing our now 3rd Halloween Bunko Party. We tried to mix it up a little this year and invited a few new faces. I was a bit bummed though because a few couples who had wanted to come either had trouble getting babysitting worked out or even, can you believe, came down with the chickenpox!? We did still have a great time though.
Each year I try to add to the costumes a bit - either with new accessories for costumes past or by adding a few new ideas. This year our costumes included: a nerd, a robber, a S.W.A.T. team member, a ping pong player, a wizard, a KU National Champion (with net around neck thank you very much!), and a cop. The ladies were: a granny, a movie star, a witch, a punk girl, a flapper, the devil, and a bather (as seen worn by my pregnant sis, Heidi in the picture below).

Posted by PicasaI had fun putting curlers in my hair while Chris put the fake gun to use. Every year we do a prize for highest score, lowest score, most bunkos, most baby bunkos and a traveling bunko prize (whoever ends the game with the most recent bunko). This year we added a "most convincing" prize for the person who got into character the most. Our witch won, although the cop and the S.W.A.T. team member gave her a run for her money.
I can't end my Bunko post without another shout-out to the person who started it all...thanks again Camie!

4 comments:

Camie said...

Looks like it was a big success!! I love the idea of doing a prize for whoever gets into their costume the most. That's great. I wish we could have been playing Bunko together--but I was thinking of you this weekend when we had our party--it was also a big success. Hooray for fun traditions!

Anne Marie said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love everyone's costumes, and it was fun to see some familiar Kansas faces. I love the pics of your family at the top of your blog page.

Livia said...

Thanks for having us Lori. It sure was a blast!

Kristy said...

Looks like a great time!

I love your new header, btw. Lots of terrific photos!