Monday, July 23, 2007

In Response...





In response to questions about my source for file folder games and felt/flannel board activities here you go. ( I cannot take the credit for the Felt Board Fingerplays. My friend Rebecca got me turned on to those.)

  • Where I bought Felt Board Stories & Felt Board Fingerplays: http://www.bblocksonline.com/
  • Where I bought The Busy Book for Tiny Tots: http://www.finchfamilygames.com/ They also have more LDS related file folder games and FHE ideas for older children.
  • Kathleen G. told me of a few sites (lots of links on the mormonchic website below) and also emailed me a couple file folder games that she made herself. (I'm sure she'd be willing to share those too).
  • http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/filefolders.asp Lori Garcia has made some really cute file folder games all in color for you to print.
  • http://www.theteacherexpress.com/ - interesting concept. She's scanned felt characters that she's created and put them on a cd for you to print and then laminate and add your own backing. Probably more teacher related.

I've been coloring like crazy. After I color and cut the pieces out, I laminate them and then will back them with felt if they are for my felt/flannel board using spray adhesive.

I started with the file folder games from Mormonchic but do like the Finch Family ones for church especially. As far as books go, I really like the pictures in the Felt Board Fingerplays book, although probably more for preschoolers.

Hope this helps!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks for the info Lori!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!