Sunday, March 25, 2007

Various Thoughts

1. I'm so glad Spring is here! The fruits of my landscaping/gardening last spring & summer are starting to show.

2. I'm sad that the Jayhawks lost. :o( But, I'm glad we got the huge monkey off of our back - and we did have a good season, Big 12 Conf. Champs, etc. We even taught Ava to say "Go KU!"

3. I'm glad that Chris and Ava are still getting the mail together...Ava sure likes it.

4. I'm still pregnant. This baby really is going to arrive...very soon...reality check.

5. I'm supposed to be induced Tues if I don't have the baby before then (getting down to the wire). I'd really like to go into labor on my own, A) to have that experience (was induced w/Ava) and B) because I'd rather not spend all of my labor in bed hooked up to an IV (until I'm ready for my epidural). I don't know. My dr. reccommends not going too far past my due date since I'm prone to have another big baby. (Ava was 8lb 15oz and this girl should be close if not bigger...who really knows though.) It's really my choice. If I had my way I'd go into labor Monday. Who wants to go much later than their due date anyway??

6. My biggest concern is Ava right now. I know Chris and I will be fine and so will the baby. I just see myself missing her and being overly concerned about her happiness when Mommy is away. She's such a mommy's girl right now.

7. 2 kids - what will that be like? How will we manage? Any advice out there on how to adjust to 2??? - keeping in mind that they will be just under 2 years apart??

8. We'll definitely keep everyone posted as to when the baby comes. Keep checking back!

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You will do a great job as a mom of 2 kids. I can truthfully say that the transition from 1 to 2 kids was relatively easy for me. I realize that each baby is different...but I feel like you're already in the mom mode so adding one more doesn't feel as bad as going from 0 to 1 kid. The best thing I can say is to go easy on yourself the first few months as far as your expectations of what you get done. Much better to have a nap or spend time with Ava than have a really clean house or fantastic dinners. Best of luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything. It was tough for me to transition from one to two because with one I could focus on just Mary but with two sometimes they are both demanding your attention at the same time! I remember one time I just had no idea what to do. Mary was crying, Lucy was crying and I started crying because I couldn't figure out who to help first! :0) I think Ann Marie is right that any chance you get focus on Ava or yourself (if Ava or the baby is happily playing or napping)! The baby won't have her feelings hurt if you play with Ava more than her in the beginning anyway!

Anonymous said...

Lori--you will be great. You have a lot of love to give your girls. Definitely the logistics of it can get overwhelming, but you were a natural with Ava and you'll be even better this time because you've done it once. I would say books were my saving grace because when you are feeding the baby you can always read books with Ava. It will definitely be an adjustment for her, and you can probably expect her to act out or act more baby-like, but it's normal. We're thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

It was good talking to you today. I can't wait to see the baby!