Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rite of Passage

I don't mean to make this a complain fest -but this has been a hard week with husband and child sick --- Ava's still sick and vomitting. On top of that, I'm feeling very pregnant and wondering how in the world I'm going to make it to my due date (Mar. 26th). On the other hand, I'm not ready yet so I don't want the baby to come too soon either....better get things ready! Time for reality.

For those of you who know me well you know that I'm somewhat of a control freak so it's really hard to feel like life is spiraling out of control. I'm ready for a takeover now though...the spring weather is quite refreshing and exactly what I need today. I also realize that all of these issues are ones many of you have been through and that it's just part of being a mom/human. ;) I also think in a way this is preparation for the chaos that is to come with the early weeks of the addition to our family.

I will get through this...but sometimes I just feel like rebelling and refusing to do anything that I don't want to do. Wouldn't that be nice?

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm sorry! It's so hard when your kids are sick, and even worse when you're feeling yucky, too. But it won't be long until y'all are feeling better!

Anne Marie said...

Stomach bugs are definitely gross. And may I just say that pregnancy does crazy things to your body and your hormones. Hang in there. Even though a new baby is hard, it will be such a relief to have your pregnancy behind you. And sometimes I think the time right before a big change is far worse than actually living through it.