Friday, October 20, 2006

Far from perfect

So I got an email from a certain k8 G.R. about the quilting group she is heading. It was of a cute pumpkin quilt wall-hanging. (some of you probably got the same email). I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought that I could make said quilt even though I have never quilted anything before. (I did make a 9 square pillow-top in jr. high home-ec, but that's it). I bought a set of pre-cut, pre-selected fabrics from k8 to attempt the project.

It is far from perfect, (so don't look too closely please), but it is done and hanging up for us to enjoy. I liked the quilting process in general, although I had to think a long time about how binding works. Now it's on to something for Christmas.


6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Looks so cute! I'm very impressed.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Very funky! I love it... you'll have to post what you do for Christmas! I see a new hobby.

Michelle said...

i've seen it in person and it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS LORI on your first finished project! I didn't know you were doing it. Now that you have your first project down, I'm going to officially consider you a quilter. yippee!

Deb said...

I would never have thought this was your first project it looks great.

Kelly said...

awesome! love the variety in the black fabrics!