

We have a new house (or yard really) guest. We've named him Mr. Toad. A couple of weeks ago Chris looked out the back patio door and noticed a toad hop out from a hiding spot and onto our patio. It came right up to the glass door and just sat there. The next night when letting the dogs out for their before bedtime potty ritual, we noticed him sitting in the little space between our back door and our screen door. I gave a little surprised scream because I didn't see him until I had let the dogs out. One hop and he would've been inside.
The next few nights we saw him again, right before bed, right up against our glass door. For the past couple of weeks we've seen him here and there.
Yesterday we put some the dogs' pillows and blankets that were covered with dog hair outside on the patio to sit until we were ready to wash them. We kind of forgot about them until we let the dogs out to potty. There was Mr. Toad, snuggled up between the pillows. It was raining so I guess it was a nicer spot for him. ?? I wonder if he thought we left them out there for him.
This morning as I was picking up the soggy stuff to be washed, I picked the blanket up and out hopped Mr. Toad. I almost apologized to him for the rude awakening.
Sorry if this is a boring post but we like our new little friend. He must like us too because he keeps coming back. It's fun to look for him at night.
4 comments:
Lori, I actually love this post because we feel the same way about our birdie family that has nested on top of our porch light...everyday we like to visit them! He's actually a very cute toad!
Glad someone can appreciate it! Thanks!
This reminds me when we were kids and we'd go down to the light at night and there would be all those baby frogs...and you'd fill your bucket and then go around to the neighbors and try to sell them. With some luck I must say. HA!
Actually, I'm afraid to admit that you're actually mixing two different frog stories...
1.)We used to go "Frog Huntin'" at night down by the street lights in OK.
2.)I collected a bunch of baby frogs from the creek by Grandma Patty's house and then went door to door in our neighborhood trying to sell them. One lady bought the lot of them for $2.00 and told us ti just let them go in her yard. :)
Post a Comment